Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Thing Two: Mobile Device Tips

I lost myself for the better part of the day investigating my iPhone 5. My favorite newfound tricks:

Web Clips - This adds an icon to the Home Screen so I don't even have to access my most used sites through bookmarks. Visit a site, tap Share, tap Add to Home Screen, and adjust the descriptive name if desired.

I discovered the Emoji keyboard. >Settings >General >Keyboard >Keyboards >Emoji
What fun! ⏳⚓️

HDR setting for photos - High Dynamic Range  - this option takes three exposures (long, normal, and short) and produces the best photo. There is an option in Settings to keep the normal photo too. I asked myself, "Why not?"

Spotlight Search - Neat!!! This function is located in Settings under General. You can limit the items that are searched first. I typed in the beginnings of a name I had emailed once long ago and it drew up the email.

I learned to quick delete a single email by swiping it left. In calendar, tapping Search allows me to view all events. I've also taken the time to use Siri and love the way I can text by talking. Good for on the go. I will also use Dictation by talking notes to myself.

Learning my iPhone will keep me occupied until such date that I get a new one. I've never been one to follow the masses regarding any material thing, but I love my iPhone. I have the book iPhone for Dummies 7th edition. They offer additional information online, so here are the links:

www.dummies.com/extras/iphone

www.dummies.com/cheatsheet/iphone

And more:

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ticker/20-tips-tricks-most-iphone-155034799.html

 Macworld is where I discovered that the microphone on my earbuds is a remote as well. I can answer and end calls as well as pause music and turn volume up and down. It pays to put on one's reading glasses and notice the + and - signs on my mike.

Have fun!

March 12 - my son just taught me this:  To take a screenshot on my iPhone 5 just hold down the Home Power buttons simultaneously.

No comments:

Post a Comment