Monday, January 27, 2014

Thing One: Blog

I am absolutely stoked about this 23 Things opportunity! It came into my life at the perfect time -- serendipity. I have been working two jobs for umpteen years and this week marks a huge lifestyle change for me. I quit my FT night office job and I am now only working PT at the library, where I've been for five years. I will be spending my newfound free time on professional development and the job search.

 

I read on one person's 23 Things blog that he was retired now and has the time to do a project like this. <insert sigh here> That's how life often goes. Seriously, how many of us would like to devote more time to professional development? That's why I'm taking advantage of this season in my life that I've already named The Interlude. It's my transition between working 60 hours weeks plus commute and a future day job of 40 hours/week. Whether this interlude is six weeks or six months, I'm going to savor every moment!

 

I have blogged at the library for work purposes, but this is my first ever "all my own" blog. It will reflect Expressions of Me as stated in my slideshow. Now I must locate some peeps to be my readers......

No comments:

Post a Comment